<body>

Hands-on Project 3-3

Date: Thursday, June 03, 2010


Hands-on Project 3-3 :Set Web Browser Security

Quote from : http://www.aboutcookies.org/Default.aspx?page=5
What is a cookie?

A cookie is a piece of information in the form of a very small text file that is placed on an internet user's hard drive. It is generated by a web page server, which is basically the computer that operates a web site. The information the cookie contains is set by the server and it can be used by that server whenever the user visits the site. A cookie can be thought of as an internet user's identification card, which tell a web site when the user has returned.


Screen shot on my IE version.
I'm using Windows Internet Explorer Version 8 (IE8) Web Browser to do this hands-on project.


Open up Internet Option under Tool.
Left is the Internet Option dialog box.


A list of cache stored in my computer.


List of cache arranged by Last Checked.


Some cookies on my computer.
According to my research, these codes only make sense to the servers.


Deleting cookies and other cache.



List of add-ons that run without requiring permission.


Security level of Internet.


Reflection:
Through this hands-on project, I realised I have a very long time never clear my cache. Although storing files in my cache can make web browsing faster since lesser time is taken to display a web page by just getting those necessary files from Temporary Internet Files folder. However, when too many files stored in the cache take up space, so it will be a good habit to clear out the files after a period of time. This helps to release memory space for other use. Also, this is the first time I get to know that you can actually check Add-ons that are on your computer. I saw that a lot of Add-ons can run without requiring permission in my computer through Tools->Manage Add-ons. I was quite worry at first, but later I saw that most are from Microsoft, Apple, those trusted publisher, I’m kind of relieved.

Labels: ,


林小颍's work ^—^V